Monday, October 3, 2011

Let the Tears Begin...

This will be a short post as I just have to get this out so you can begin understanding what my week will be like and you can ask the Lord how to pray.  The team of 50+ from Baghdad just arrived.  There are many young people which is what I remember from last year.  The ratio of women to men is about 75% to 25%.

I had the opportunity to meet "Simone," the gentleman who will be my translator this week.  We were having a great conversation getting to know one another and we began talking about each other's families.  He is married and pointed to his beautiful wife.  They are both engineers and God has given them a heart to work with kids.  Simone was describing the area where he was reaching about 100 kids and what he was describing was a slum where families lived in huts made from cardboard or mud bricks.

I then asked him about having any children of his own.  He said that his wife had miscarried - he then went on to explain that 2 weeks ago a bomb went off and the jolt of it made his wife lose their baby.  I was expressing my sympathy to him and he proceeded to say that they know that God is good and nothing can change that.  I am already wanting to cry.  I know there will be many more stories like this.  Let it "rain" - for Lord you truly do reign in the midst of tragedy and well-being!  His love and faithfulness endures forever!

more later ...

No comments:

Post a Comment