Saturday, May 5, 2012

Bags are Packed

It is Sunday morning here in Thailand and everything is packed and ready for me to come home. Yesterday was a very eventful day. Bob and Yo were at our training and offered to take me around town. We had some great conversations about how God works in and through our lives. They are a young couple who recently joined the Wycliffe staff to get the Bible translated for 14 different dialects in the tribal areas that are close to Laos. I can't even imagine! We took the train and boat to go to the King's Palace but it was closed for some special ceremonies. Instead, 10 minutes after we arrived they shut the street traffic down as the King and Queen passed by in their motorcade. Instead we went around town a bit and Yo showed me the university she went to. Then it was backtracking back to the hotel to go to the playground dedication that Kids Around the World built last week in the Queen's Park. There I had the opportunity to meet the Governor of Bangkok. It was great to see the kids celebrate the event and enjoy all that the equipment had to offer. Then it was back to the hotel to enjoy the privileges of having executive status in a 5 star hotel. I definitely got spoiled at the end of this trip! So what did I walk away with? - in a land where less than 1% of the people are followers of Christ, the people are hungry for ways to reach their kids - most Buddhists don't practice their faith. They are Buddhists because that is what their family is. This seems to be the trend no matter what the predominant religion of a nation is: Christianty in America, Moslem in Iraq, Hindu in India. How important to reach the kids for Christ when the spiritual foundations are being built. But also the importance of reaching families so children are being discipled at home. - Bible Storying is so impactful no matter where you are in the world with whatever age group you are with I can't thank you enough for your prayers and support. Thanks for joining me on this journey. I am always amazed that the Lord would use the likes of someone like me to further the Kingdom throughout the world. If He can use me, He can use you as well. Is He challenging you with something that you need to say yes to? Touching Heaven...Changing Earth...Together

No comments:

Post a Comment