Friday, May 4, 2012

More Adventures to Come

Today was the last day of training. The people are so eager to learn and reach their kids and community for Christ. We certainly could have used more time but I believe we gave them some really good nuggets to start with. One surprise today was to have Bob and Yo Artz join us. Bob is originally from Chicago and was teaching here where he met and eventually married Yo. They have recently started ministering with Wycliffe to get the Bible translated for some villages close to Laos. What turned out really interesting is that Yo had an instructor here in Thailand that was a close high school friend of Heather. What a small world. I will get to spend some time with them tomorrow as they wanted to show me around Bangkok before the playground dedication with Kids Around the World. It ought to be a good day spending more time with them and seeing some things here in the city. The needs are so great. The people are so appreciative. Bible Storying proves itself to be a very useful tool in teaching God's Word to any culture, any age group, any place in the world. One last thing for today: Tonight we moved to the Mariott Hotel - oh my! This place is not like anyplace I have stayed in before. We have also been given Executive privileges which means the special lounge and other things. Not your normal missions trip. Here is one example: I thought I would go down and take a quick dip in the hot tub. You go down to the spa where you are give a key for the locker. Not sure why you would need one - got my bathing suit on and will just go back up to the room. You are shown where there is a men's side which is different from the woman's. There you discover that bathing suits are not needed and that it would not be appropriate to go back up to your room in a dripping bathing suit. (I did at least manage to dry it off enough so it did not drip! Not quite there yet getting into the hot tub with other men in your birthday suit!). Needless to say - I won't complain about this kind of treatment! I will report in tomorrow after what promises to be a full day.

No comments:

Post a Comment