Thursday, September 22, 2011

Preparing for the Middle East

On Tuesday I leave for the Middle East with Ruth Jordan and Jeff VandenHoek to train leaders in Amman, Jordan and Erbil, Iraq.  We will be serving with Grain de Ble based in Beirut, Lebanon.  graindeble.org   What a privilege to come alongside our brothers and sisters and give them some tools to help them reach the lost children in these countries.

We leave on Tuesday, September 27th for 3 days in Jordan and then start ministering in Iraq on October 3rd.  In those 4 days in Iraq,  I will have the opportunity to lead 14 workshops (7 different topics, each one twice).  My prayer is that God will do immeasurably more than I could ever ask or imagine; that He would sustain each of us and that we would be keenly alert to the needs of the people and not just be about the task of teaching the different classes.  I know I will come back with far more than I could ever give - God always works that way!

The topics of my workshops include:
  • Bible Storying...Practically Speaking
  • 7 Laws of the Learner
  • "Puppetually" for the Kingdom
  • Spiritual Development of Children
  • Building Community Where Every Child Belongs
  • Bible Memory Games
  • Leading a Child to Christ


Thanks for caring and praying!  We are Touching Heaven...Changing Earth...Together!


It is not that we think we can do anything of lasting value by ourselves.  Our only power and success come from God. He is the One who has enabled us to represent His new covenant.                      II Cor 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment