Sunday, April 29, 2012

Mark 6 begins

It was a blessing this morning to teach at the church on the grounds of the orphanage. The worship time reminded me so much of my times in Africa and India. A small church but everyone of all ages singing their hearts out to the Lord. I have to believe it was a sweet fragrance to the Lord. I had been prepared to use the story of Jesus and Peter walking on the water but yesterday I was feeling impressed to use the story of the Good Samaritan. It was the right story to pick. As I was speaking I found thoughts and concepts coming to mind that I had not thought when I have read the story before. I have to believe the Holy Spirit was working inside the hearts of the children and leaders. Now of course I tried to get them to interact with me during the teaching - that was going too far! So it is hard to know exactly what God was stirring inside them but I trust He was at work. After the teaching we had lunch and then made wordless bracelets and gave out candy. Erin Russell's second grade class wrote notes and did a candy drive to give to the children. I will try to post some of the pictures tomorrow. Tonight I met with Jim (Kids Around The World) and the national director of Compassion International. It was fascinating to hear them talk about the different people and organizations they know and work wih. One can see how God is endeavoring to network His people to further His Kingdom. Though the Compassion people cannot attend the trainings, you can see the desire to partnership and reach more kids for Christ. It has been a treat to be spending so much time with all the Dalbys. The encouragement we bring to one another is wonderful. Be in prayer for us all as headaches and sore throats seem to go from one person to another. It does not seem to go into a full blown cold or flu, just an irritant. Hmmmm, Mark 6. We probably need to bring out the oil along with our prayers! Okay, back to bed and see if I can get a couple more hours sleep before our first day of training. Jim and I are excited to see how our strengths complement each other as we go through the day. As always, I definitely appreciate your prayers for strength, clarity of thoughts and the Spirit to give discernment as to what is needed in all aspects of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment