Thursday, April 19, 2012

Preparing for Thailand

As I look back on my last several trips I can see the Lord weaning me from my "stuff" so I can be like the first disciples that were given instructions to not take anything with them but go in the power and authority that God had given them.
My last trip to India had me leaving my notebook filled with all my notes at the airport. For Iraq I did not find out what my classes were going to be until we were two weeks out. As of today, I really don't know what I am to be teaching. I totally believe God has called me to go but there is fear and trembling as I won't have my stuff to carry me through! I am thinking of even leaving my computer home and using this IPad I am typing on now! Could I really do it? Who and what am I trusting in to do God's work? Like I said in my last post, I told the Lord I wanted to be like Isaiah and to send me.
Me - not my stuff! God is good. He is faithful. It's a greater dependence on Him and the work that the Holy Spirit wants to do. It's a good lesson to be learned.
I leave next Wednesday and will arrive in Chiang Mai to spend the weekend with the Dalby family. Then it is two 2 day trainings, one in Chiang Mai and the other in Bangkok. I will be doing these with Jim Rosene from Kids Around The World. God is using this ministry in amazing ways throughout the world in places where many ministries cannot get into. If you get a chance, look them up: Kidsaroundtheworld.com
I will post some prayer requests prior to leaving. I think you know how to pray for me now! Thanks for "going" with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment