Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mark 6 Disciple

It's a whole different experience being sent on a trip like this with just a minimal amount of "stuff," truly trusting that God's power and authority is enough.  (I guess I am not quite a Mark 6 disciple as I am bringing extra clothes but does it count that they all fit in my carry-on?!)   I have to believe it is going to take training children's leaders to a whole new level.  Here are some prayer requests for our family and me:

  • The enemy has no way of messing with anyone at home, the house or animals while I am gone.  If you knew all the things happening with our house recently, you would understand why this is a big request.
  • To be still before the Lord and hear His voice
  • To do and speak as the Holy Spirit leads recognizing that His Word is more powerful and life changing than my own
  • To be sensitive to the needs of the leaders and kids I have the opportunity to meet
  • That Jim Rosene (from Kids Around the World) and I would remain united on all fronts recognizing that the enemy's tactic would be to divide and conquer
  • My mind and body be protected
Time to get ready for the airport and 24 hours of travel!  Thanks so much for your love and support.  I know that I am not doing this trip on my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment