Saturday, April 28, 2012

Thailand is Hot!

After delays in all my flights, thus missing my connection from Hong Long to Bangkok, I am finally here.  It was great to meet up with Jim from Kids Around the World and Prem who is organizing all the trainings in Thailand.  Coming out of the airport you felt like you were in a sauna.  I don't know that I have ever been hit by that kind of heat at 1am!  Off to the hotel for a quick few hours of rest and then a flight to Chiang Mai in the morning.

It has been great to catch up with Chuck and Kristen Dalby and hear all that God is doing in their lives.  It's one thing for me to go half way around the world and do some training and then return home - they have moved their family for a year to minister to the kids in several orphanages in the Chiang Mai area.  Talk about surrendering everything to the Lord - but you see the fruit of the Holy Spirit in them and their boys.

This morning we went with the kids from a larger orhanage to a place where there are tiers of waterfalls as you can see in the picture below.  Not only beautiful but refreshing!  Later this afternoon one of the orther orphanages came to their home to make personal pizzas and chocolate chip cookies.  A great time was had by all!  If you go to my facebook page  you can see a picture of Zander holding the puppet he made today.  He should be proud of his accomplishment as he even had to hand sew everything!


Time for bed.  My internal clock still does not know if it is coming or going.  I teach at the orphange's church in the morning and then off to meet up with Jim for dinner with someone from Compassion Intrernational.  I will post again romorrow so stay tuned for more!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bro...just wanted to let you know how proud of you I am for the work you are doing with the Lord!
    You are in my thoughts and prayers - and I eagerly await your next post. Sure wish I were with you!

    Love - Monte

    ReplyDelete